Tallahassee, Fla. (June 16, 2017) – Today Florida Governor Rick Scott signed into law implementing legislation for the pro-solar Amendment 4, which was unanimously placed on the ballot by the Florida Legislature in 2016, passed overwhelmingly by 73% of the vote on the August 2016 primary ballot and now unanimously approved in the recently concluded session. The bill removes burdensome taxes on solar installations by exempting 80% of their value from the tangible personal property tax. It also exempts 80% of the value of a solar installation from the assessment of real property taxes for commercial properties.
- Only a fraction of Floridians own a solar power system
- Florida legislature unanimously passes solar tax break
- FPL drafted portions of bill that puts tough requirements on rooftop solar companies
- Pro Solar Amendment 4 Signed Into Law by Governor Scott
- Consumers Energy launches solar energy pilot program