Today, Senator Jeff Merkley (OR) introduced a bill to phase out fossil fuels and completely replace them with clean renewable energy by 2050. The “100 by ’50 Act”, co-sponsored by Senator Bernie Sanders (VT), Senator Ed Markey (MA) and Senator Cory Booker (NJ); would put in place a comprehensive plan to ramp up renewable energy and energy efficiency, the electrification of transportation and heating,; while putting a halt to the development of fossil fuel infrastructure. It also includes provisions to train workers in the transition to clean energy to encourage the deployment of clean energy in disadvantaged communities.
- Senate Bill Would Shift America Entirely to Clean Energy By 2050
- Solar power breaks UK records thanks to sunny weather
- The boom is here: U.S. solar experiences record-smashing year
- Duke Energy’s Mickey-Shaped Solar Farm Reaches Commercial Operation
- France set to pave over 600 miles of roadways with solar panels