Today, Senator Jeff Merkley (OR) introduced a bill to phase out fossil fuels and completely replace them with clean renewable energy by 2050. The “100 by ’50 Act”, co-sponsored by Senator Bernie Sanders (VT), Senator Ed Markey (MA) and Senator Cory Booker (NJ); would put in place a comprehensive plan to ramp up renewable energy and energy efficiency, the electrification of transportation and heating,; while putting a halt to the development of fossil fuel infrastructure. It also includes provisions to train workers in the transition to clean energy to encourage the deployment of clean energy in disadvantaged communities.
- Solar power and carbon-free homes: Green energy is a hot topic
- Solar heating could cover over 80 percent of domestic heating requirements in Nordic countries
- Global Solar Water Heater Market to record high demand by 2016 …
- Solar Water Heating Innovation Sun Bandit Turns Four Declaring Articles of Energy Independence
- FPL to build more solar plants, one new gas plant