Today, Senator Jeff Merkley (OR) introduced a bill to phase out fossil fuels and completely replace them with clean renewable energy by 2050. The “100 by ’50 Act”, co-sponsored by Senator Bernie Sanders (VT), Senator Ed Markey (MA) and Senator Cory Booker (NJ); would put in place a comprehensive plan to ramp up renewable energy and energy efficiency, the electrification of transportation and heating,; while putting a halt to the development of fossil fuel infrastructure. It also includes provisions to train workers in the transition to clean energy to encourage the deployment of clean energy in disadvantaged communities.
- Go solar: the best way to save under the sun
- Solar Water Heater Market Worth Over $4 Billion by 2024: Global Market Insights, Inc.
- Study: Solar Heating Could Provide More Than 80% Of Heating Energy For Households In Finland
- Solar Water Heater Market Outlook, Geographical Segmentation …
- New homes will now require solar panels in South Miami, a first in Florida